Go from Call Center Lead to Customer Service Manager with this Seattle-based Non-Profit
Are you a proven call center lead looking for an opportunity to step us as a customer service manager? Are you burnt out with working in a commercial call center and instead want to transition to more meaningful work that can impact the Seattle community?
Well guess what… Our client is looking for you!
Located in King County, our client is a non-profit dedicated to being the first call for help for people in cases of extreme emotional stress. Each year, this client improves the lives of thousands – simply by listening, showing compassion, and linking to helpful services in our community. In 2014 alone, this non-profit responded to over 255,000 calls and online chats from community members in emotional distress.
As you can guess, 255,000 calls require a lot of patience, organization, and manpower! This is why our client has an immediate need for a Contact Center Manager at their headquarters in North Seattle. This is not just a job managing employees or answering phones, this is an important piece of a well-oiled machine that is helping lives in real time. As a Contact Center Manager, you act as a mentor for your staff, helping them develop the skills to speak with those in crisis. This is the definition of meaningful work, as you can truly be a positive voice for someone who needs it.
This Contact Center Manager is a full time, permanent role paying $50,000-52,000 / year, with generous sick/vacation days (12 sick, 12 vacation to start, bumping up to 15/15 after the first year of employment).
This North Seattle Contact Center Manager will supervise 25 call center professionals, and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the contact center, including:
- Hiring, mentoring and training
- Monitoring performance metrics
- Assuring that requirements for specialized contracts are met
- Serving as a liaison in the community to build and maintain positive relationships
- Maintaining accreditation standards
Qualifications for this role are those of a Customer Service Manager and include:
- 3+ years as a contact center lead, with knowledge of social service systems preferred.
- Strong human resources, team-building and conflict management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in, and commitment to, working with a broad diversity of people and fostering cultural competence.
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and implement projects and programs.
- Has demonstrated good attention to detail in previous positions.
- Valid Driver’s License, car for business use and auto insurance required.