Coffee Experience or Not, This is the Best Barista Job in Seattle!
Tired of slinging coffee for minimum wage & minimum benefits? Or maybe you’re interested in trying your hand behind the coffee counter for the first time?
You’re in luck. We’re hiring eight baristas to join this well-known coffee chain housed inside of this First Hill hospital system. This is one of the highest paying full-time barista gigs you will find in the city of Seattle, and because of its ties to the hospital, it has some great benefits, too.
This is a great opportunity to perfect the art of coffee as you learn from the world’s leaders in the industry at their training facility in Seattle. In addition, you will be provided with a set schedule and the ability to have your weekend evenings off to rest up or hang out with friends and family. We really can’t say it enough – No other barista job in the Puget Sound offers this kind of flexibility or opportunity.
As one of our client’s baristas, you will not only provide coffee to customers, you will also provide superior customer service. You should be extremely customer-focused and calm, with a high emotional intelligence, given that you will be working within a hospital. As we mentioned, no prior coffee experience is required, however, we would like someone with a background in customer care.
In this position you will:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and missions of both the client and their vendor
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
- Communicate information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a community gathering space for patients, visitors, and staff
- Assist with new staff training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing changes in staff morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager
- Deliver customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer
- Discovers and responds to customer needs
- Need to pass a 10 panel drug screen and background check
Benefits / Perks include:
- Training –You will learn the ins-and-outs of coffee at a training facility in Seattle with one of the world’s leaders in the coffee industry.
- Set Schedule – You will have the same schedule each week, guaranteed.
- Medical Benefits – The same benefits will be offered to you as they are for other hospital employees
- Subsidized Parking or Public Transit – You will be offered a little relief for commuting costs.
- Scheduled Pay Increases & Overtime – As part of a union, you will have a unique opportunity not offered to most other baristas, as you will have scheduled pay increases and the ability to make extra money if working after certain times of the day.
- Weekend Evenings Free – You won’t be making lattes past 4:30pm during the weekends, which gives you an opportunity to truly enjoy your weekend!