Love Boats? Join this Harbor Island Team as an Administrative Assistant!
If you often take Washington State ferries around the Puget Sound, you may soon find yourself on one of the three currently being built by our client. In addition to ferries, our client builds and repairs fishing boats, tug boats, barges, fireboats, and high performance combat crafts. Located on Harbor Island, they’re the experts on boats, and value producing vessels on time and on budget. Most importantly though, our client puts a large focus on safety – the safety of their employees, their products, and the consumers that use them.
If you’re familiar with what it’s like to work in the offices of a construction firm, you’ll find comfort in our client’s office environment. Casual, comfortable, and filled with workers who are gregarious on the outside, but very kind and passionate about the work they do. Comradery is a common theme among colleagues, so a willingness to be kind, warm, and respectful to others will go a long way here. Moreover, commitment to the company and respect for the code and values are found in every employee – including key principles like ‘be smart,’ ‘be careful,’ and ‘be considerate.’ Accountability and truthfulness are the keys to this organization’s success.
Currently, this client is seeking an administrative assistant to provide administrative, clerical and technical support to the Central Staffing function. In this role, you will partner with Operations, Human Resources and Payroll to ensure coordination of projects and activities. You will maintain critical Central Staffing and employee dispatch records and act as an important connection between production employees, supervisors and Human Resources throughout the company.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant include:
- Maintain Kronos Human Resources/Payroll system to document employee status. Prepare staffing reports for posting and distribution to supervisors, managers and others
- Processes staffing requests to include, preparing paperwork and dispatch requests to appropriate unions, initiating phone calls to unions and documenting using Applicant Tracking system for posting jobs and applicant tracking
- Interacts with Human Resources to arrange various selection processes such as scheduling interviews, contacting applicants, and tracking results
- Assist employees with timecard and timekeeping instructions and maintains attendance records
- Facilitates the processing of new employees
- Performs related administrative functions such as answering telephones, emails, providing information, processing unemployment claims, filing, copying and delivering documents
Qualifications for this role include:
- Knowledge of and skill to use PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases; data analysis and report writing
- Knowledge of human resources principles and employee record keeping
- Ability to troubleshoot and research paycheck and/or timecard errors
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability and skill to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make accurate and timely decisions
- Skill and ability to work under pressure while handling multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to provide strong customer service to others encountered in the course of work
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Customer Service or Human Resources role
If you’re ready to dive right into this administrative assistant role, click the button below to apply!